







What an amazing, surreal experience to finally look into the eyes of this amazing boy and spirit that has been growing in my belly. And then to see my amazing husband holding and kissing our new baby boy made me love and cherish him even more than I already do. Teagan was born at 11:18 am after a long night of labor. My water broke around midnight but being my first, I wasn't sure if I just wet my pants so I waited to start feeling contractions. Contractions came on about 45 minutes later and I waited until they were about 5 minutes apart (around 3 am) and then woke up Marco who was sleeping so peacefully. I told him it was time to go and he said, "Are you sure?" And so I thought perhaps I wasn't sure and I should wait a little longer. But then when I told him my water broke at midnight, he suddenly changed my mind for me that this is not a false alarm and we NEED to go NOW and that I should have woke him up hours ago!! It was pretty funny. We arrived at the hospital around 3:30 and the next several hours were pretty frustrating but oh well. The nurse on duty was rude and struggled, none of the rooms were stocked with the supplies needed, the delivery rooms were unavailable because they were being cleaned and mopped, so I couldn't get an epidural until they moved me to the delivery room, and my doctor was in Thailand! Awesome! My chart was incomplete and hadn't been updated by my doctor's office since December (and it is February) so they didn't have the results of my Group B test and non-stress test, etc... It was all a bit of a mess but when I finally got moved to the delivery room and got the epidural, I didn't really care anymore. Also, the nurse's changed shifts and my new nurse Laura was awesome. After pushing for about an hour and a half, the little buddy finally arrived! I could have been pushing for hours more if the doctor hadn't finally been called in to give me an episiotomy. Teagan's head was just too big and not coming out. Probably because he is going to be so smart! Regardless of any of the small obstacles that occurred, every minute was worth it and an amazing experience. We are so excited and blessed to have this angel in our midst. We love you Teagan!




No comments:
Post a Comment