Sunday, May 4, 2008

Making good on a promise

As I mentioned in a post a few days ago I want to give back to the community that has done so much for our family. Well, Saturday I tested to become a Volunteer Fire Fighter for Sandy City. I don't know why I couldn't volunteer at a soup kitchen, like Ams suggested, but I cannot wait to hear the results! It doesn't sound like a walk in the park at all, I will have to get back into shape and be willing to provide the city with 24 hours of service a month. 24 hours doesn't sound like much at first, but when you think about it, it means 3 8 hours shifts, 2 12 hours shift or 1 full 24 hour shift. And this has to be done each month! Either way, I'm quite excited. My boys will have something to be proud of!

Keep you posted,
Marco

1 comment:

Brittany said...

Why did I not know you guys had a blog!!!! Last I checked there wasn't one!! I am glad I saw the link on Taylor and Kaitlin's!! I love these posts and I think it's amazing what you are doing with the firefighter thing! Good for you. We all need to do more service. We need to hang out again soon. Even if we just have you guys over to hang out with the kids and all!!