I often tend to wonder if I say 'it' enough. 'It' can stand for so many things, 'I love you', 'good job', 'I miss you' and the list continues. This thought crosses my mind a lot because of how often I travel. I never want to leave my family with final words that were not 'it'. It is something frightening to think of your children growing up without a parent, but more troublesome to think of them without you and never realizing how proud you are of who they are. It all came full circle today, when we listened to our neighbors relate a story of friends of their's that lost their daughter last week. So often I think of what would they do without me; but the real question that you have to ask yourself is what would you do without them? Their child didn't die of a disease or some auto accident, it was simply choking on an apple that took their baby away! So again, do you say 'it' enough?
This concept could easily be followed up with thoughts like, did I tell them enough stories about my childhood, did I take enough photos (I think we're good on that one, I just noticed we have almost 10,000), did we write down the day-to-day antics of our children? With so many things that take time in our lives, I guess we have to learn to prioritize. Do we take the 2 minutes to brush our teeth, or listen to our child pray? Do we wash the dishes before they go to bed or forget the dishes and make an Oreo shake with their help? Do you arrive on time at work or late so that you can eat breakfast with your son? Do you take time to ponder these questions, or dream of the men they will become?
Good night,
Marco
Sunday, May 25, 2008
Not often enough
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




2 comments:
I totally found your blog while blog stalking CRAZY!! I love it! This is Shea Wade BTW! Check out our blog bbwades.blogspot.com
Hey I love this post. We all need to be reminded of this once in awhile. That makes me sad about those people that lost their daughter! No one should have to go through that.
Post a Comment