Friday, June 6, 2008

One More Day




This week was one of milestones and broken bones. Marco and I celebrated our 2 year anniversary on Monday, June 2. It was a perfect day. We had trouble deciding what to do that would compare to our last two anniversaries. Of course in 2006, we had a fairy tale wedding and celebrated our love and new commitment in gorgeous Cabo San Lucas. In 2007, we escaped to paradise in Hawaii and reminisced about all the love, laughter, and tears experienced in the first year of marriage. So, this year we debated traveling somewhere fabulous however, the new little blessing Teagan made it hard for us to be away for too long as he is still nursing (and I haven't been away from him for more than a few hours and might fall apart if I were to leave him this soon). I arranged for Nanny to watch the kids and I decided to schedule a couple's massage at the Sanctuary Day Spa and hoped it would be as romantic as our last two years. Well, I can say there was relaxation, passion, and romance enough to last until our next anniversary. It was an escape from reality for a few short hours that was worth the expense. We also went to Thanksgiving Point and walked around the amazing gardens and had a delicious dinner at Macaroni Grill. The weather was beautiful (just as it was the day we were married at Thanksgiving Point) and we both expressed how grateful we are that we found each other and how wonderful the last 2 years have been. Again, it was perfect. However, the next day, the feeling of bliss and happiness was changed to fear and heartache. Marco recently started taking his bike to work to ride during his lunch hour to get some exercise and because he really enjoys riding he thought he would ride his bike to and from work as well when the weather is nice. So, Tuesday he rode to work and on his way home from work, he was riding on 2700 west heading south and had just crossed 12600 south. He was riding with the flow of traffic and probably going about 20 mph and the car next to him suddenly cut him off to turn into the Maverick. The car had 4 teenagers in it and they didn't signal they were turning or slow down. Either they didn't see Marco or didn't care that they would cut him off and cause a major accident. Therefore, Marco had to brake in an instant which sent him over his handle bars to crash into the pavement. He doesn't remember if he rolled over the car or made contact with the car at all but he hit his hands first, then the left side of his head and his left shoulder, then his back. We don't know much detail about the driver or what the witnesses saw but we do know that his helmet saved his life. When I arrived with the kids, the paramedics were loading him into the truck and we headed for the hospital. I thank God every minute and every day that he is ok and he will be here one more day to be a father and a husband. One more day to tease me, laugh with me, cuddle me, kiss me, talk to me, and comfort me. I know that everyday is a blessing and it is so important to show the ones you love how much you care about them. Life changes so quickly from the perfect day to a sad and dreadful day and you can never love too much, laugh too much, or give too much. Make every moment count because every day is a blessing when you are surrounded by the ones you love.

Much Love,

Amber

6 comments:

Missy said...

ahhh I love your posts! I was just visiting Amys blog & noticed your name. Maybe if we ever talked anymore I would know u had a blog! Glad Marco is ok. It always amazes me there aren't more bikers killed. Drivers just don't pay attention! This was a great post :) guess I better just love my husband in the morning for falling asleep at 8:30 pm on a Friday night?! Interesting Marco is so into Obama. The things we learn through blogging. p.s. it's melissa thatcher (remember me?)

Brandon and Carly said...

1. Why didn't you accept my invite to my blog???!!!!

2. Why didn't you tell me you had a blog?

3. I am happy I found your blog, since we can't seem to get together!

4. Bye!

Brittany said...

I am so glad that he is ok! You guys are a blessing to each other and to our family. I love you both and I am so glad that everything is ok with him!!!

Chels Grubbs said...

Yay 2 years!!!! And your blog is SO cute!!! What kind of punk kids cut an innocent biker off?! Unreal...We're so glad Marco is ok!!!

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...

sooo I love to blog stalk and I totally found your blog..we are so glad Marco is okay! SCAAARY!! I love little Teagan..it really makes me baby hungry well not to have another one but I'll just come visit yours:) He is too cute! Thanks for those yummy cookies the other night. Remember you need to teach me how to cook..haha..

REYNOLDS FAMILY said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.