Monday, August 25, 2008

My best friend


Everyone,
Well, my wife has hit an amazing (and at times overwhelming) milestone. She has turned 30 years old. I know it is a little odd for a hubby to get on here, but I've had to help Am's with posts from time-to-time (she may deny the fact but it is true).
I've been trying to decide what to post on here for her. At first I was thinking of a photo montage, a slide show or something gay (sorry I'm not very PC) like that. But I decided what I wanted to do last night after we had a "moment". It was an eye opening moment for me because I actually vocalized to my amazing wife all the wonderful things I love about her. Well, the list began and didn't stop. Some of the items on the list are a little risque so I will not include them but I will start with the "blogceptable" top 10 items.
What I would like anyone and everyone to do, is agree or add to my top 10 list and give me something you love about the most amazing woman EVER (Amber).



1. Voice - it was what made me fall in love with her (singing to the musical Wicked).
2. Cooking - if anyone has had even just a salad you understand.
3. Brain - she has been known to read the dictionary for fun.
4. Parenting - I don't know if it has to do with her upbringing, MFHD schooling, or just her brain (again) but we really agree a lot when it comes to parenting styles.
5. Cleanliness - again we are on the same wave length, we are both organized people and I love the fact that when a mess reaches my tolerance point, it reaches her's as well.
6. Mothering - I don't know how to explain what an amazing mother my wife is. She is the most lovable and in love (with her kids and family) I've ever met. The only person I could say rivals her love for her children, is her mother.
7. Funny - I do not know a single person in this world that completely understand my stupid humor more than my wife. I admit I'm an idiot, and she fully accepts that and laughs at all of my stupid one-liners (even though they are not that funny).
8. Smile - this is never gone from her face, she is just happy to "be" everyday.
9. Tolerance - my wife is the most tolerant person I know. Not only does she put up with me and my offspring, but she also puts up with my crazy family, and even nuttier ex-wife.
10. Body - sorry I had to squeeze one in!

Love you babe, I hope you are blushing.

Marco

8 comments:

Marci said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY AMBER!!! I do know one thing, you are a person that always has a smile and I love love love that about you! You are always so cheery and positive! Thanks for being someone who can make me smile just by having a short conversation with you! You did a GRRRREEAAT job on the Road Show by the way, haven't seen you to tell you!! It was awesome! I hope you had a great day!!!

Marci said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
The Escobar Family said...

You sly dog, posting on MY blog, while out of town because you know I would have caught you otherwise and tried to stop you (or told you what to write and edited your spelling errors). LOL! I am definitely blushing, desperately missing you, and anticipating kissing your 'nummy neck' when you get home. Love you more than tongues can tell. Thank you for loving me so perfectly.
~Ams

Julie said...

Oh my heck! Your husband did a love post??? AMAZING! Way to go, Marco! Amber, everything he said is so true but still doesn't do you justice. You have the most radiant smile that lights up your whole face as well as the whole room. And I have watched you with Tony and Teigan and you are an amazing mom. I love how your face lights up EVERY single time you look at that sweet baby. I love how you are such a "go getter" and want to be the best at everything. Remember the food storage lesson? I love how much that had an impact on you and how you just wanted so much to make that a new goal for you....and me! :) We still need to do that. Holy crap! This could end up as a novel. And lastly, you have a secret lover.....Bubba. He said to me the other day when we left your house, "Mom, ambow is so pwetty. I yuv her hao(hair) the most." We now tease him that you are his girlfriend....sorry Marco. Your wife is just too amazing to be just yours. You are gonna have to share with Bubba! :) I love you Amber! Happy 30th birthday!!!!

Anonymous said...

What a nice post! You ARE beautiful! :) You're a hot mamma. You draw people to you through your smile. I'll be the judge of your cooking.........someday? j/k!

Brittany said...

I love how she loves her family! I know she loves me and I hope she has any idea how much we love her. She has been my childhood friend and idol. She will always be one of my favorite people in the whole world! We all love our amberger....thanks for the quote Elleigh!

holly said...

AMBY!! I just have to add that you are the MOST amazing person! I couldn't agree more with the list Marco! Ams I seriously have never met a person like you...so amazing talented at EVERYTHING! SO SO smart, so good at fashion and styling from make-up to hair to home decor, so great at cooking, and overall so amazing to be around!! You seriously make all of us women look bad! I love how much you love your family and friends. Your boys are so lucky to have you! Happy Birthday!!
Love you
Holls
p.s. maybe we can make one of Marco's fantasies come true thanks to his rockstar post!! SO JEALOUS!!

Brandon and Carly said...

So, I am a little late. But, I haven't been blogging this week!! I just wanted to add my 2 cents! I din't really get to know you until you bore your sweet testimony in Relief Society over a year ago. I was touched by how cute and bubbly you are, but also by your wonderful testimony of the Savior and the gospel. You are such a great person, mom, wife, and friend! Happy (belated)Birthday!