Our recent road show was quite the event and Julie Edwards has a great post and some wonderful pictures that you may want to see. The name of our play was "Duty of the Beast" based on the Disney movie Beauty and the Beast but with a Missionary theme. However, the official theme was "Now is the Time" and this statement was reiterated and cheered over and over again.
The reason I bring this up is because I had the pleasure of watching and listening to Barak Obama accept the nomination of the Democratic party for President, and it sent a chill down my spine when I heard him speak. He used the statement "Now is the Time" several times within his speech. I know that living in Utah it is an oddity to like someone outside of the normal Republic party lines, but this man inspires me over and over again.
I have stated before that I don't care to sway anyone in their beliefs and convictions, and this post is not intended to do that. But it is intended to relay my hope to everyone that knows me, that this is a monumental moment for a minority like myself! A man who is eloquent, intelligent, came from middle class beginnings, and happens to be a minority is my hero today. The words that he spoke today (you can find a transcript) stirred my soul and cemented my belief that this is the man that I believe can change the world.
Thank you Mr. Obama,
Marco
Thursday, August 28, 2008
"Now is the Time"
Labels:
inspiration
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




4 comments:
Hi, Marco and family... Man has it been forever since I have seen you. (I went to school with Marco) Your family is beautiful and I cant help notice in a few posts back that you were cut off by a car at the street I live down (south of the maveric) Im sorry and Im glad that you are ok ! Take care
Tasha(vancott)
Marco I totally agree with you!! This will be my first time being a republican, and picking up a democratic ballot! His speech was amazing and his story is even more amazing! I hope he does change our country! And I hope when I run for U.S. Senate in about 20 years you will vote for a minority like me...a white mormon mom running for office!! I wish our state would be more partisan and would look more at other issues..and try to make a difference with our votes!! Maybe we should join the campaign team!! See you soon at Arkona!
Marco, you know, my family is totally giving me crap because I came out the other day and said..."I think I'm a democrat!" I love Obama too. I just think he is a neat guy. Nice going on the post! P.s....Your cute wife is getting closer and closer to accepting the dog issue. Give her time!!!!! :)
Ambs -
I love you!! First off, the post where Marco expressed his undying love. "He's the man!!"
PHOTOSHOOT 2008 - Friday night, Saturday OR next weekend.
Let me know
XOXOXOXO
Post a Comment